Even tho I'm not a RPer myself, outside of WoW, I've spent the majority of my "MMORPG life" in FF XIV, which excels in RPing.
I agree on many of your points, althogh I'd recommend different approaches for some of them, mainly because of the complexity of implementing such features (back on the wall and stuff like that).
From your points:
- Customizable character sheet -> Just add this as part of the character creation, like FF XIV does (name, surname, birth date...). Description I believe it's something people should get to know about you by interacting with you. After all, we don't go around in real life with a cardboard on our necks that describes who we are :)
- Sitting on chairs/other RPing stuff -> Add a shitload of emotes. FF XIV has an INSANE amount of emotes. Just replicate it. Add emotes, and keep adding them non stop through patches. Stuff like weaving, falling asleep, sitting in different poses...that's just plain emotes, as well as facial expressions.
- Private phased RP zones -> I wouldn't add zones that are RP exclusive, however, by adding Housing or something along those lines, RPers could have their own zones, fully customizable where they could RP as much as they want.
- Customization -> Completely agree :)
- Lootable items -> This could be tricky, but, again, FF XIV has already done something similar with orchestration scrolls (music themes from the game you can collect and reproduce at your room/house) or glamour (transmog items).
In summary, good ideas, and hope RPers lke you get also your piece of cake and can enjoy SoH as much as everyone!Last editted: 2021-05-18 11:53:31